Our affiliate marketing program would not exist without you. If you just signed up here, you have just started the process of earning a commission by promoting our accommodation booking service. You found a product you like, will hopefully promote it to others, and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make. I hope this will be a fruitful investment and journey for both of us!
Now, we understand you may have some questions. To get started, we have answered the typical WWWWWH ones below. If we have missed anything, or if something is unclear, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can respond as soon as possible to get you up and running sooner than later.
There are three parties involved in our affiliate marketing program: the merchant (that’s us), the affiliate (that’s you), and the customer (the ones making the purchase).
Sometimes also known as the advertiser, the creator, the seller, the brand, the retailer, or the vendor. This is the party that creates the product - that’s us.
Sometimes also known as the publisher. This is where the marketing happens! The affiliate (that’s you) promotes one or multiple affiliate products and tries to attract and convince potential customers of the value of the merchant’s product so that they actually end up buying it. Whether the consumer knows that they are part of an affiliate marketing system or not is mostly up to you.
Without sales, there aren’t any commissions to hand out and no revenue to be shared. Your audience browse and hopefully make a purchase with our service.
How does it work?
Create a campaign
To start, you need to create a campaign. Here is your step-by-step guide to doing so:
- Navigate to your ‘Affiliate Account’, which you have created by this stage, once logged in at SafariNow.com. Login here.
- On the Dashboard tab, select the ‘+ New Campaign’ button.
- Your Campaign status will automatically be Enabled based on your domain/website. New campaigns are checked and then need to be manually activated. This usually happens within 2-3 work days.
- Enter your preferred Campaign name. You can have multiple campaigns, but we associate your overall commission to your affiliate account number.
- Enter your Website URL. This must be the domain from where you will be referring traffic to us, and must be owned by yourself. If your URL changes, your account/campaign(s) will be disabled until your URL has been verified.
- You can then choose to either use the SafariNow.com website layout and branding, or to create your own branding around the website.
Note: HTML knowledge is required for the latter, which is not provided by SafariNow.com. We will provide you with the code you need to add to your own HTML and CSS stylesheets of your campaign and to design your own webpages.
- [Optional] Google Adwords users can use the last section to track your campaigns. Simply capture your Conversion Tracking ID and Label. We'll do the rest.
Note: We currently only support booking conversions tracking.
See here for more information about AdWords conversion tracking.
Integrate your unique booking source code
- Select your campaign from the dropdown menu under ‘Integration’. The page should reload a list of codes you can choose from.
- Iframes are used to embed and isolate our third-party content into your website. The iframe code is our preferred integration because it is the only cross-browser way to provide HTML components that would perhaps not display in more modern browsers.
We would love for you to be transparent about your affiliation with SafariNow. We take pride in our new relationship, and as general best practice encourage that you:
- Do tell your audience what your affiliation is with SafariNow.com.
- Do create a cobranded logo with us, which we can gladly add to your custom skin. For example, see https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/travel.
- Do be patient. Affiliate revenue will grow over time.
- Do focus on referrals and building your audience.
We like to use pretty source codes for tracking purposes in our links because we are quite particular about our data tracking. Besides, we want to make sure your codes are included in the links so you receive your commission. As such, we ask that you:
- Do not use any untagged links to SafariNow.com in your promotional emails, pop ups and transitional pages, PDFs, or guides in any format.
- Do not deceive your audience into giving you a commission by using plugins or link shorteners to hide the length of the link itself.
Where do I check my commission?
You will find all of your affiliate-related information, including your commission amount, under your account summary in your dashboard. Login here (Be sure to save this page link to your bookmarks.
When do I receive my commission?
Simply email an invoice through to us by the 25th of the month, and we will add you onto our very next payment run.
Why have I joined this affiliate marketing program?
There should be plenty of reasons why you have chosen to participate in an affiliate marketing:
- It’s a great way to make extra income promoting the things you love or that your audience loves.
- SafariNow.com takes pride in its partnerships as being a reputable merchant, who will give you a decent commission.
- You have some control over the process, cobranding, and how your audience interacts with our product.
- It might take hundreds of sales to make any major difference in your income, but with patience your affiliate revenue will grow over time.
- We provide you with the opportunity to use amazing content that people truly relate to and a product they want.